I have been using carisoprodol for almost a year, but only occasionally, couple of times in a month at most. This is because I do exercises almost every day and sometimes this tempo weakens me and my muscles react and I have spasms then. I would like to know about excessive long term effects of soma (carisoprodol). Any help?

Well, I can say that your choice of medication is perhaps not the best there is. I mean, carisoprodol is very effective and it will help your muscles relax and rest faster, but there are many other things that his drug might provoke. And when I tell you that it is not meant for children younger than 12 years, you get the picture. It can affect liver, kidneys; stomach, headaches and allergic reactions are possible. All these are even more probable with the longer usage.

Hello Corrine 1782,
As you had asked about long term effects of soma (Carisoprodol) i do like to tell you that Carisoprodol should only be used short-term (for 3 weeks or less) unless directed by doctor. Do not increase dose or use this drug more often or for longer than prescribed by the doctor. Increased dose or use will not help in improving any faster, and will risk of side effect. The increased or regular use of SOMA may cause withdrawal reactions. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use