I need answers asap please i have a cat bit on the top of my hand its red around it and then light red around the whole top of my hand and swollen when i move my fingers it hurts my whole hand i have yellow/greenish puss coming out of it im needing to know if i need to go to the doctor or medicine can help it

Health Guru
Hi Tasha, by what your describing it sounds like it is infected so I would go to the doctor or the ER to get is treated immediately before it gets any worse. :-)

Never heard of a cat bite being that bad. Did you use hydrogen peroxide on it to disinfect it?. If not, you may be going to the emergency room by morning or urgentcare during the day. It sounds like you may have an infection already. Don't worry about rabies. It would be a 1 in a milion chance that your cat would have rabies at the same time he bit you.