I was bitten by a kitten 2 wks ago and thought nothing of it. I'm a masculent guy and thought it would be ok. I didn't notice any swelling or redness around the bite on my middle finger but I really wasn't expecting things to escalade like they have. After work I pulled a shirt off over my head and noticed a swollen lymph node. Shortly after my right side lower ribs started hurting. Then pain turned to my lower back. I started running fevers of 100.5 or higher and night sweats are so bad the blankets could be rung out. My head throbs if I don't have Tylenol or some sort of pain killer in me and the same goes for my back as well. I went to the dr and they gave me a tetanus shot, lanced and drained the infected wound, and prescribed augmentin antibiotics. I am not getting any better, day two, and worried plus the pain in my head back and ribs is almost unbearable at times. Is there anyone who has any info or input on the healing process of this catastrophe? What's really scary is that the dr said if the swollen lymph node doesn't go down with the antibiotics that I should go see a specialist for lymph node cancer. Thanks

Hi Mustang,

Give the antibiotics time to work.  Cat bites can be very serious.

You have typical symptoms of "cat-scratch" disease.

You should see improvement soon.  If not, or your fever gets worse, or you have trouble breathing, then see your doctor ASAP.

Good luck.

I would suggest that you go back to your doctor immediately. My friend was bitten by her 12 year old cat 3 days ago. She was given antibiotics and told to see a hand surgeon. That doctor has admitted her to the hospital to get IV antibiotics for 5 days. Then she will have a PICC line inserted so she can administer IV antibiotics at home. Cat bites are nothing to mess around with. Numerous bacterial infections need to be considered. I wish you well on your recovery.