can a cat bite make you not feel good?

Hi Sherri,

Yes, it can.

Any bite, from any animal (including another person) can become infected.

How does the bite look?  Do you see any pus?  Do you have a fever?  What are your symptoms?

it's swollen, red, hot, bled at first, then stopped, now after three days, is still swollen and hot, hurts to make a fist, he bit me on the top of my left hand, for the past two days have felt feverish almost like a touch of the flu

OK, it sounds like you have an infection. If it becomes worse, or you feel worse, see your doctor. If it doesn't improve in a day or two, see your doctor as well.

You know the cat, right? It wasn't a stray?

Have you had a tetanus shot in the past several years?

Cat bites can get infected easily since they are hard to clean. They have small teeth and can puncture your skin easily.

Yes, he is my cat, is mostly inside, now and then he escapes. It was the craziest thing, I was petting him and he really seemed to be enjoying it and all of a sudden he turned and bit me without any warning. I do have 4 puncture wounds, I'll go to the Dr. tomorrow if not better, thank you
Sherri

It's good you know the cat, just in case it was worse.

Sometimes they do that. Mine will sometimes "nip" you for no reason.

Hope you feel better.

Yes It can happen. You need to take injection asap.