I was bitten by a cat 6 days ago, resulting in deep puncture wound on top of hand. After 5 hours, hand swelled, was red, and couldn't do normal hand movements without terrible pain. Went to walk in clinic and they put me on 2 antibiotics (aerobic and inaerobic) for 7 daiys. Now I am 6 days into treatment and symptoms have improved but there is raised, hard, swollen area on top of hand around the puncture wound that is still very sore and affects movement and function of hand. Questions: 1. Do I need to take another course of antibiotics? 2. What is causing lumpy area on top of hand? 3. Should I be doing something else to address issue or will it improve with time alond? Thanks for any help.

hi, i was just curious how your had was doing. have you tried soaking it in warm water and epsome salt? cats mouths have TONS of bacteria in it much more than dogs so it is no surprise that you got a nasty infection. if your had isn't better then yes you do need to go on some more antibiotics.