Hello. I'm 22 year old male and these last couple of weeks I have noticed some very strange things.
At least once a day, in most cases- in the evening, I have problems with eyelid muscle contractions. I happens only on my left eye and nothing I do can prevent it from happening.
I don’t know what could be the cause but I'm thinking that excessive studding during the night could maybe be the cause.
I have read that this sensation is called muscle fasciculation and I would really like if someone could tell me more about it.
Thanks!

You have right- this muscle sensation is called muscle twitching or muscle fasciculation.
I wouldn’t call it- contraction because, this isn’t a case of whole muscle contraction but the part of it. But, chemically- we do talk about contraction- there is no doubt! The thing is that we are talking about one pat of the muscle which is served by a single motor nerve fiber or filament. We probably talk about one type of muscle twitching called benign fasciculation which is not caused by any disease or disorder. Over-tiredness could easily be the cause.
There is often no need to treat this symptom. Rest and see if it will happen again!

Here's another thread in this forum on eyelid twitching: https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/benign-fasciculation-syndrome#452110

I've included some recommended resources in this thread.

Hope this helps! :-D