Hello, I have been having this happen for the past few weeks. It happens in a split second and then gone and I would just think to myself "that was weird". but last night it was a stronger one, made me feel dizzy and light headed and instead of just a small nerve twitch feeling in my leg, this time my leg jumped as well, looked and felt like when a doctor would check your knee reflex, very visible this time. After I felt a little pressure in my head. I would say this happens at least once every week or two and only when I am sitting down and relaxed. I am going to see a neurologist. But I must say I am really worried now. Especially after the last one that was much stronger than the others. The shock or twitch is always followed very quickly by the nerve twitch in my leg. Is this some sort of seizure or nerve problem? If anyone can give me some names of any disorders with this type of symptom, I would really appreciate it and any other info you can provide so I can ask the Dr about.

I have had no accidents, or any neuro problems and no family history of it. Only thing recent is I found out I was Vitamin D deficient and my triglycerides are high currently I am changing my diet to manage it in hopes to not have to get on meds for it. This past Summer, I went to the ER for tingling in my left arm and face, chest pain and had high blood pressure and my ekgs were abnormal, had a stress test and was told that its wasnt my heart causing that. So I was told that it was stress. It hasn't happened since. I was a big latte/espresso drinker then, that is another major thing that I cut out of my diet a couple of weeks ago as well. Other than that, I am a healthy 38 year old female mother of 3.

Thank you.

Hi! I found that causes of body twitches can include: lack of sleep and fatigue, stress or anxiety, dehydration, benign twitches (twitches without known cause often affecting eyelids, calf and thumbs), excessive caffeine, genetics, side-effects of certain drugs or medication (such as diuretics, corticosteroids, or estrogens), withdrawals from certain medications (particularly benzodiazepines), lack of certain vitamins and minerals, often a Magnesium deficiency, benign fasciculation syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, damage to the nerve that leads to a muscle, muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, etc. So you should never ignore the twitching. In your case it is probably stress+caffeine what's causing it. My arms twitch regularly when I drink more coffee than I usually do.

did you ever find out what it is? im having the same symptoms.

Thank you, I will look all that up and see if the symptoms match. However, its not just a twitch, the twitch always follows that quick shock or quick snap feeling in my head. Never without it. I actually stopped drinking coffee 2 months ago. I do have tea, it has caffeine, just not as much as coffee. @ guest I have not found out yet, Is it just twitching or do you have the same feeling in your head at the same time? I went to the Dr, he ordered an EEG, which I am having tomorrow and also an MRI which leads me to my next problem. I am very claustrophobic to the point I will get sick. I am not sure how I am going to get the MRI done. Meds to relax me, will not work for me. The open MRI sounds just as bad. They put some kind of helmet thing over your head and snap it in place on the table..That is just a claustrophobic if you ask me, if not more..I am going to check it out first...Hopefully its not as bad as it sounds. I will post as soon as I find out more info.

I've been having similar issues too for the past year and a half! I've had an MRI which came back normal and have seen a few doctors. The latest doctor thinks I may have anxiety and migrains, both of which can cause the electric shock feeling and dizziness. Also, I don't know if you take any anti-depressants, but those can sometimes have these types of side effects--effexor is especially notorious for it!

Good luck to you in getting an answer. I know it can be frustrating to have these sensations and not know what's going on!

im not a proffesional but i suffered from atrial ectopic beats, and now i suffer from weird twitches when i drink, as i went do a docter and done research. its probably not serious, only reasoun you think its serious is due to anxiety and thats what ive suffered from also. Try to get Mind over matter, hopes this helped

I have the same problem, but it happens at least once an hour.  It started about 2 months ago and got stronger and stronger.  Now it puts me on the floor if I'm standing.  I assume it has something to do with my medical history.  2 years ago I went into a coma due to a brain aneurysm.  After the coma had 6 month of therapy to learn to walk, talk, etc.  Anything anyone comes up with will be greatly appreciated. 

I got Tourettes syndrome 15 years ago from taking 2 Prozac tablets. The tourettes has become much more subdued over the years but most nights when i am laying in bed, I feel a pin prick somewhere on my body and them my leg jumps. I thought it was the tourettes or restless leg syndrome maybe?

i get the shocks occasionally too, in fact my left arm and shoulder still feel like they have been through an ordeal of some type.

I think it is either anxiety or some medications can contribute to this cause as will.

There is no way in Hell that 2 Prozac tabs can cause somone to develop tourettes syndrome.

The vast majority of these "undiagnosable" issues are caused by one of more deficiencies or excessive intake of one or more specific types of vitamin or mineral.

me three, I was driving home after work then all of a sudden I had a quick shock to the left part of my neck followed by my head twitching towards the same side i had the shock and my left shoulder jumping up, it was strange because i have never felt that before, I was hoping it wasnt some kind of seizure while driving, but it only lasted like not even a half a second

ALL and every single sympthom you guys are describing and experiencing are lack of Magnesium Potassium and Sodium , this minerals are the most important minerals for the pheripheral nervous system , Stress , caffeine, excessive sweating and certain medications can lower your Magnesium levels , if 0,1% is lowered from your body you would immediately have a heart attack , but the body is so perfect that it takes magnesium from the bones and the cells , right now there are not accurate blood exams that you can take to measure your magnesium levels , all those doctors stating to take a magensium blood level exam they are wrong , look it up and you will see , now guys START by taking 2,000 miligrams of Magnesium Gluconate A DAY , try to take 1,000 in the morning along with a multivitamin and another 1,000 mgs in the evening, the Magnesium will cure your depression and anxiety as well it will good a wonderful emotional feeling , Magnesium is what cured my electrick shocks in the legs and arms. Also try to eat 4 bananas a day so you take your potassium it is necessary for the Magnesium to be transported to your bloodstream.

Sounds like a myoclonic seizure.

He’ll did you ever get an answer.im getting the same symptoms.