I had my knee replaced recently. Four days after the surgery, I woke up with swelling from my thigh to my foot. The skin on my shin actually burst from the pressure. The Doctors called it cellulitius but did no culture. All the swelling has gone away except for my knee. I am going rehab but the swelling persists. I am doing cold therapy also. Would a sleeve and compressor (control unit) help the swelling go away?

Hi, did you actually have a lump on your leg? I had a knee replacement recently too, and I have this spot on the shin bone that swells and goes back down. Weird. I have to call the doctor. But, in the meantime, I am trying to find out anything about it. Thanks!

I had total knee replacement done 6 weeks ago and all is healing very well. I walk very good also. The issue I am having is like some one put in a new knee and took away 2-3 inches of skin. It is so tight. It gets red and hot but have checked it with doctor and he saids it is healing. I could do more at PT but with it so tight and hard on one side of the knee it makes it hard to do so.
Any ideas on what the issue could be?

I have also had a TKR 6 weeks ago today, I have good days and bad days with the tightening and and the hot patch over the stiches. Some days I can't to my physio. any suggestions?

mother had replacement on 10/6 and has a red spot that feel very tight. Doc has had her on 3 bouts of antibiotics with no results. What caused the red skin?

I am going on 9 months since my TKR...Everything has gone great, but now just have a bit of tightness in my knee that wasn't there.  Feels sometimes like there is a 10 # weight on my knee.  Am in therapy and having STEM and ICE and MASSAGE of the deep tissue and it seems to be feeling a bit better.  WALK WALK WALK...... AND KEEP BENDING.    I am at 135 degrees of bending...but it still changes with the weather.