I'm 41, TTC the past 4 months. My cycle is always regular 28-30 days. I take my temp daily, check my cervix daily i had cervical changes but this month I did not ovulate (no watery or ew cm, no noticeabke tenmp change, no positive opk) although we have intercourse at least every other day. On day 20 I started bleeding Im now on day 23 very light bleeding. My cervix is so high & soft I can barely find it. I'm not sure what's going on. Should I be concerned?

Hi there

Here is some info for you -

Cervix and Ovulation

When you are ovulating, your cervix will rise up and its texture will be softer – similar to your lips. Your cervix will also be open to allow sperm in and will be moister than before.

When you are finished ovulating, your cervix will dip lower and become firmer again. The cervix opening will be closed. This can occur either immediately after you have ovulated, or it can take a few hours to a few days to occur.

Your Cervix at Conception and During Early Pregnancy

If you have been lucky and have conceived this cycle, your cervix should rise up again and feel soft. The difference here is that the opening to your cervix will remain closed. When exactly this happens will depend on your body – it can happen within 12 hours after ovulating or long after conception is confirmed with a pregnancy test.

Although your cervix will rise back up again during early pregnancy, it will not go quite as far back as it did before you successfully conceived. During these early weeks, your cervix will feel soft; whereas a non-pregnant cervix will feel similar to a fruit that has not quite ripened all the way. The cervix is soft in pregnancy because it literally becomes swollen with blood.

The key point here is to remember that even though your cervix will rise naturally when you are pregnant, the timing of this rise is unpredictable. Every women is unique and you may be experiencing a low cervix in early pregnancy simply because your body is taking a bit longer to adjust. There are many cases in which a woman’s cervix hasn’t risen in her first month of being pregnant. If you are one of them, stay positive and remember that your body may just need a few more days to adjust to being pregnant. If you are concerned for any reason then, by all means, you should consult with your doctor or OB/GYN.

Due to the unpredictable natural timing of the change of your cervix, you should not rely on the position of your cervix as an indication of a successful conception.

Better visit a doctor and get a clinical pregnancy test done. Good luck