my Cervix is high and hard with a thick white mucus does that mean i could be pregnant? i also have sore breasts and my period is almost a week late

I have been charting with fertilityfriend.com but bit confused. I last had af on 4th dec. Had backache and bloated tummy for\twop weeks now. I had a bit of spotting on 29th Dec for two days.

My cervis is so high i cant reach it any more but has been high a w hile now. I felt a slit in cervix when i could reach it so guess its closed. Feels a bit squidgy so guess medium.

My CM is white and wet. not tacky. My boobs feel a bit tender at the sides and the nipple is a tad sensitive.

I have taken hpt and was bfn.

Any advise please i need help xxxxx

I have the same thing right now ! white mucus more then usual I am past my ovulation time & my cervix is hard & high but closed .

hi i also have the same problem i have all the symptoms cravings,mood swings,peeing,backaches,a little cramping,breasts swollen and tingling,headaches,eating all the time,and when i squeeze my nipplemilk comes out and my cervix is very high and kinda firm and i feel a very small slit i need to know if i can be pg someone please tell me something.

Did any 1 find out if they were pregnant ... I'm having the same problem now please help...

I really wish people would answer the question instead of asking question after question. maybe come back and let people know what you find out later on..

Ditto to the last response. I have looked through forum after forum on this particular discussion and especially on these steadyhealth sites no one ever actually answers questions or follows up with an update. They just get flooded with more people saying.. I need help answer my question or I need advice. So when one initial person asks a question, the only thing they get in response is more idiots saying no help me instead, and then they never even come back to say..well AF showed up, or HEY IM PREGNANT! Probably because the majority of them had their AF show up and they don't want to admit that they were over analyzing symptoms and obsessing over what they knew was inevitably just a weird cycle. For crying out loud, ladies. Give some advice. It would really be appreciated in such a frustrating time.

On top of that, practically everyone has a guest name so you never know who you are talking to! I am about 4-6 days late on my perioid, testing negative for pregnancy tests that are fairly sensitive. (First Response Early Result). I'm betting that I'm likely not pregnant but it's unusual for my period to be this late, and not feel as though it's coming anytime soon.. you know you can usually tell when AF is about to show her ugly face.

Let's see.. my cervix is not high or low, it's about in the middle, it's firm but very squishy/wet and it almost feels like it's slightly open today but it seems to vary from day to day. My boobs don't hurt but nore do they before my periods arrive. I have been tired, slightly crampy for the last few days, hungry, and very constipated, and slightly moody, but I'm betting it's because of the stress of the particular circumstances.

I ordered some early pregnancy tests online that should be here in the next few days that I will use. If they still say BFN then I'm just going to assume I'm not pregnant and wait for Af to show. If AF doesn't show I will still go to the doctor because it's not normal to just skip a period, especially since I have no health issues, and it would just be wise to get checked, just in case. I will report back with the results once I get them, but I don't know when that will be! Tune in ladies!

-Brittany

Well folks.. it looks like I'm out already. At approx (give or take a day) 7 days late AF showed up. Actually it was late last night/early morning before I went to bed that I saw spotting. I went to bed and when I woke up there was a bit of a flow.. not heavy but there.

I'm thinking I must have ovulated very late, and I don't know why, really. I'm pretty certain my luteal phase is about 12 days, based on using OPK's in the past (they are so hopeful and I MUST go back to using them, don't know why I ever stopped, I think I was ashamed that I needed assistance when so many women just get turned on and poof they are pregnant!). So I believe I ovulated somewhere around CD21 (since I had 33 cycle days) which is pretty late for me.

For the record, late ovulation is anything after cd21.
Having said that, here's the data on ovulating late:

Ovulation normally happens from CD 10 to CD 21. Ovulation that happens after CD 21 is considered 'late ovulation' and indicates a possible problem. That does not mean you cannot get pregnant with late ovulation. Women do get pregnant even when they ovulate late. But your chances of getting pregnant are decreased significantly. Because:

The lining of the uterus is getting too old for potential implantation.
The egg is generally of lesser quality.
You ovulate less often over time, further decreasing your chances of conceiving.
Fortunately Vitex is meant to help correct things (usually takes a few months though). So while this cycle doesn't seem to be getting any shorter for me, hopefully things will change over the coming months.

If you are consistently or on and off having very long cycles (anything over 35 cycle days) you should see a doctor. There are other problems that could be at work such as ovarian cancer/cysts, ectopic pregnancy, etc.

I actually had had almost no cramps from this period so far, and that's partially why I didn't feel it coming at all. I knew that the further opening of my cervix was a bad sign, so ladies.. the answer is YOUR CERVIX SHOULD BE CLOSED SHOULD YOU BECOME PREGNANT> It should feel like a slit and you should not be able to rest the tip of your finger in it, indicating it being open. This means that you could miscarry for one, or secondly that your period is soon to show.

For those of you still TTC BABY DUST for all of you, and never be afraid to visit the doctor's office. Just remember this note... my friend who was pregnant with her first and 8 months along just got news of her husband (was also his first) dying in Afghanistan. Never take for granted the man that you are TTC with because he's as much a part of it as you are. Not to depress you ladies, sorry, but I'm glad to have my DH around to calm me and make life a little easier.. a partner in crime so to speak. Keep your heads up and good luck to all of you!

-Brittany

There is no need to get testy, but here is the lowdown on appreviations. AF is aunt flow got to love it when she shows up the B**ch. BFP is Big fat positive talking mainly about HPT which are home pregnancy tests and on the other hand BFN is Big fat negative. OPK are ovulation predictor kits. PCOS is Poly Cystic ovary syndrome which is a fertility issue. RE is Reproductive endochronologist (sp?) which is a fertility dr they specialize more in getting people pregnant where OBGYN (obstertritian Gynocologist) DH Is Dear husband DB dear boyfriend DS dear son and DD dear daughter. If you are just starting your TTC trying to conceive journey you will soon learn that these are commonly used a lot. This should help you get started. 

AF stands for Aunt Flo. Aunt Flo is a metaphor for your period

Hi all. I am in the process of writing my book 'when pregnancy takes more than 9 months' I wanted to post because I see a lot of frustration that no one seems to be able to offer you the answers your looking for and believe me I know how it feels. Although I can't give you the answer I thought you might find it useful to know why no one has the answer. There are a lot of similarities between cervical position, cervical mucas and pregnancy, but just like every pregnancy is different so are the workings of our bodies, trying to compare your cirvical position at a certain stage of your cycle to another womans will get you no where. The only person you can compare to is yourself. I know this does not help you this time round which is again frustrating, but for those that do get a bfn from day 1 of your next cycle chart everything, you will find your own cycle will have patterns that when those patterns change from your 'norm' which will help you identify pregnancy in the future. I'm sorry I can't explain better in such a limited forum, ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi I'm having the same problem lol high firm closed cervix with egg white mucus and a bfn but I'm almost 100% that I'm pregnant. Its happend like this for me before. The only way to be certain is to get a blood test done and keep track! My first 3 pregnancies ended in disaster because the cervix wasn't closed all the way and the first was ectopic. Go get tested and then keep a chart of cervical position firmness and mucus so you know :) good luck all :)

Testosterone leves can become elevated in women before during or after af, ovulation, and pregnancy causing a bfn on hpt a blood test should work effectively to determine if you are pregnant or not.

IF THIS HELPS- I WOULD SUGGEST YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT.

IF THE CERVIX IS FIRM AND HIGH. AF WILL COME.

thats what happened to me... i could be wrong. but thats my answer...

Need some help I'm 1 day late I had brown spotting yesterday but negative test could I still be pregnant cervix is very high I can just fell it with tip of finger but it fells a little firm to me what's going on