I have been going crazy lately. I had unprotected sex and now I think that I might be infected with HIV. The man I had sex with is very promiscuit and every since it happened I am afraid. What are HIV symptoms?

You need to do a blood test to be sure if you are infected with the HIV. Ignoring your situation will only make things even worse. You need to know to be able to take action, what ever the results are. I don’t want to sound like I am too harsh. I just want you to realize that living in constant fear is not a good and healthy thing to do. I will try to help you by giving you some information about the HIV. However, the only one who can help you is yourself. HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. This virus causes AIDS and is an infection of the immune system which destroys the body's ability to fight off infections. HIV can enter a cell and remain quiet for a long time. A drug therapy only destroys the active virus. HIV infects the T Lymphocytes, cells of the immune system weakening the entire system. People can be infected with HIV and not look sick or even have AIDS. However, they can still transmit HIV.