I know for all these years, that HIV syndrome is a name for the early stage of HIV infection. That is supposed to be a moment when you first are infected with the HIV virus. I also know that HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus, but lately I found out there is condition called acute HIV. Can you tell me more about it, where is difference? I would like to hear something about symptoms and the way person could be tested for acute HIV.

Some of the symptoms of acute HIV syndrome are fever, tired feeling, swollen lymph nodes, and swollen tonsils, also called tonsillitis. After this infected person could notice and sore throat, joint and muscle aches, diarrhea, and a rash. The symptoms of acute HIV syndrome usually last for about 14 days after person was HIV exposure. They could last for just a few days, or they could last for several months depend from person to person.
Someone might not realize his or her illness is acute HIV infection. For one thing, the person that infects other with HIV may not even look sick. There is also a problem, because the signs and symptoms of HIV infection may look just like mononucleosis, tonsillitis or the flu. After acute HIV infection, body works hard to attack the virus, so with body fighting, the virus cannot make so many virus pieces. Even though person still has HIV infection, he or she begins to look well and feel well again. The usual blood tests will be normal, but during this time, the virus pieces are still attacking lymph nodes. A test to evaluate acute HIV can measure the amount of HIV RNA in the blood.