Hi, my daughter was diagnosed with cytomegalovirus. The doctor didn’t give her any medical treatment, saying that her health condition is good. What could I give her for treatment anyway?

Cytomegalovirus (CMV), belongs to a genus of Herpes viruses. It is fatal for fetuses and does tramendous damage by pregnant women. It attacs salivary glands as well. HIV patients, transplant recipientes and other immunocompromised patients are mre prone to develop CMV infection. Since, your daughter ha sgood immunity, she will resolve body herself. Antiviral drugs like ganciclovir, valganciclovir, are applied in some severe cases of immune deficiency. Cidofovir is used when ganciclovir is not showing any effect. Any treatment application has to be considered by your general practitioner, since he knows the best your personal health condition.