Hello! Can somebody explain to me what Mycobactrium Avium is? My doc asked me to do blood and urine test just to see if I have some bacteria in my organism that causes Mycobactrium Avium. My doc suspects that I might have this mycobactrium avium for I’ve lost much weight lately I have constant diarrhea followed with stomach aches and am suffering from anemia and fatigue. I never heard of this syndrome and would like to hear some info about it.

You should do the test to check if this mycobacterium avium is present in your organism for if so you’re in real risk of getting serious infection that may spread all over your body. My cousin is infected with Mycobactrium avium complex and he’s now on the combination of two drugs for life meaning if he stops taking them the disease may reoccur. Anyway mycobacterium avium may provoke very serious medical condition and is caused by the bacteria that are very common in your environment and you may inhale it or swallow it. Mycobacterium avium may concentrate on the specific part of the body but may also spread the whole body and usually affect lungs, bone marrow, colon and liver. I know that actually everyone has this mycobacterium avium in the organism because these bacteria are all around us in food, air , water and even dust but only healthy organism can control it while one with weak immune system is at high risk of developing this serious disease. I remember my cousin had lung inflammation and his immune system was very weakened after it and his doc also asked to have this process that’s called culturing- this is what you’re about to do with your blood and urine test. Usually the test results are ready after few weeks but even after this period it is very heard to diagnose somebody with mycobacterium avium complex for it is very hard to find this bacteria even if you’re infected with it. Anyway even if it’s not found, this was actually the case of my cousin, you still may be treated as if you were diagnosed with mycobacterium avium disease and this is usually in case if your cell counts, I think they call them CD4 cells, less than 50.