Hello. I would like to hear more about these symptoms that my best friend has for quite some time now.
She’s 25 year old sexually active female and about two months ago she complained about how her neck lymph nodes are a bit swollen. I told her that it is probably due to some trivial infection but that she should contact her GP over that. Anyway, she didn’t.
Just yesterday she told me that beside these enlarged lymph nodes located on her neck, she also noticed groin lymph nodes enlargement.
She was pretty frightened. What could cause her these persistent swollen glands?

Hello. I'm medical student and I will try to help you in understanding some of the symptoms your friend has experienced.
It could be very difficult to say anything for sure about this because many conditions can cause this glands enlargement. I'm not planning to scar you or anything but it could be first symptom of many serious diseases such as HIV and many others.
Swollen lymph glands at the side and back of the neck, and also under the arm and in the groin region are typical for infective mononucleosis- acute infection of the lymphatic system caused by the Epstein - Barr virus. Talk with your friend and tell her that urgent medical evaluation is necessary for proper diagnosis and treatment.