Hello! I have 17 years, and big problems. My upper teeth are pushed forward and I look like a rabbit. To be worse, my lower lip is horrible. I just can’t stop biting my lips, and it makes them dry and sore. I have troubles with making friend, and meeting the boys. Can you help me?

Hi! Lip biting is a very bad habit, and considering that the lips are very important for having a beautiful smile, I can understand that this kind of behavior can be cosmetically devastating, because of their extreme redness, dryness and swollenness. It is a cycle, where discomfort causes more biting. Sometimes, it can be stopped by using the moisturizing creams or prescription topical steroid creams. Lip biting has a number of different causes. Depending on the cause of the lip biting, patients have several treatment options. For example, wearing a soft protective guard or an orthodontic lip bumper to hold tissues away from the teeth prevents lip damage. You should visit your dentist and consult him about the problem.