Hi, I work in heavy industry and we are over exposed to many toxic materials. There is a lot of equipment to protect us, but anyway our health is endangered. I try to use regularly antioxidants, but some of my colleagues claim that chelation therapy is better for this. How should I apply it?

Special drugs or chemical compounds called chelate – like dimercaptosuccinic acid (DMSA), dimercaptopropane sulfonate (DMPS), or ethylene diaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) – show ability to bind metals and inhibit their toxicity. The chelate has a free reversible ionic bond for which a metal is attached. When the toxin is bonded it is pulled off the cell and carried from the body. Chelation substance can be applied intravenously or orally. Conventional chelation has a longer time of clearing heavy metals from cells because it has just one type of ionic bond to attach metal.