New Reply New Topic Followed by 26 people

This post is VERY similar to many others I have seen but slightly different so I thought I should post.
This did happen to me 2 years ago but was associated with severe cramps.
I am in very good health, 35 yrs, 12% body fat, 5'6", 150lbs,eat extremely healthy (daily consists of egg whites, yogurt, protein shakes, chicken/meat/fish, chili, brown rice, sweet potato, salad or other green veggies and that's really it). Exercise regularly.
After eating or even drinking anything especially towards the evening stomach becomes extremely swollen to the point where I look preggers and stomach is solid. It is actually more comfortable for me to push it out. No cramps or pain though. Gas is there (oral and flatulence) yet is not painful in anyway.
EX: tonight I had a salad with 1-2 Tbl lite ceasar dressing, 1/2 cup brown rice and 6 steak tips medium size and that was an hour and a half ago and I still look like I am in my third trimester.
Bacterial? Viral?
Thank you for reading

Interesting, I am a 36 yr old, 5'6", 137. I don't eat as well as you, but not too bad and since I've been having this problem (a few weeks), I have tried to avoid foods that will aggravate the situation. I had something similar about a year ago, but this time it comes with slight nausea after I eat and I feel like there is pressure on my stomach like I over ate and it lasts for hours. Today I ate a small bowl of cereal for breakfast (not to bad), but for lunch I ate a salad and a serving of cottage cheese (I hear the active cultures calm the stomach) and an hour later I started feeling this pressure and bloated feeling and my stomach looks like it is puffed out (still feeling it 4.5 hours after eating lunch). My doctor told me to try Prilosec that maybe my stomach was producing too much acid that could lead to other problems. I just started taking it. I hope it helps. I also sometimes feel like my stomach is a little sour once in a while. I also sometimes feel like it is harder to breath after I get this feeling. Anybody out there experiencing any of this?

Hey Louis, my name is Jack, and I want to know more about your concern. When did this start happening? For how long? Do you think your bloated stomach could be caused because of exercising too much? I think that it might be an allergic reaction to something you eat. It could quite possibly be some ingredient in your diet that is bothering your stomach. I strongly advise you to go and see a specialist, just in case run blood tests, stool examination just to verify if there is any bacteria or a virus responsible for your concern. Let us know what you decided. 

My nephew had the same symtoms as you. At Thanksgiving time, he made the usual mounded plate full of all the yummy stuff, began to eat and was full within the first few bites. this continued to happen and then had back pain too. He made a doctor's appt. and when the doctor heard his symptoms, he ordered a CT scan right then. My nephew was 31 and they told him he had pancreatic cancer.
I don't mean to scare you, but like I said, the very first symptom was pressure and fullness upon eating. Hope you will get yourself checked. After all, it may be something much less grim that you can deal with but you need to be seen.

GET tested for H.PYLORI. I have been having the SAME symptoms for 7 months and finally diagnosed with the bacteria. See my post under the subject:

"THERE IS HOPE for bloating/nausea/GAS/fatigue"

Hope this helps!

I have had all the same things happen too me that are said in the first post...my stomach swells after eating /drinking anything but i have no pain and it almost happeneds after any meal but becomes the biggest after dinner, i have been too the doctor time after time and done tests after test and still no results if anyone can help with an answer i will be thankful!!

I have same problems .... but notice that potatoes, rice, sugar, yogurt, milk.... all cause the mose severe swelling. What's funny is that when I eat potatoes, I get very foul smelling gas, and my intestines swell up (indicated by pencil thin poop).

Its possible that this all started from use of powerful anti-biotic "Cipro", but I eat the yogurt to replace the good bacteria in my intestines, I get the stomach bloating problem.

Tried Lactaid for lactose intolerance. did not help with the other sugars, though.

I have done a 3 month long colon cleanse, drink aloe juice etc. Nothing helps except consuming digestive enzymes after eating. I use the ones from Market America- get it from a friend. Mix with water and drink after a meal... tastes like lemonade.

I still want to know what is causing the problems. What organs break down sugar?

I have a problem with my stomach bloating after every mea and drink. And I have sever constipation,,Iv'e suffered with this for so long if it is any body out there that have experience this and found a cure for yourselves please respond to this letter. thanks..

cipro is a cause of something called c difficile
you might want to have your stool checked by your doctor.. just to make sure you don't have it

something is interfering with your digestive enzymes- try cooking in only ceramic coated cast iron made by le crueset. if changing cookware helps- then try looking into metal allergies, you may have amalgams (metal/mercury fillings) leaching out metals that bind to and inhibit your enzymes or the mercury fillings maybe damaging your pancreas as you have poor metal excretion.----other people are doing fine with their amalgam fillings however, you may just have a sensitivity to them.

I am 5'6" and 124 Ibs< I eat fairly healthy, no junk, very balanced> I have these symptoms as well, after I eat or drink anything, especially carbohydrates, my stomach swells up and it is very round and hard. I feel like I have overeaten ( that STUFFED feeling). It lasts for about 4-5 hours after i have eaten and it causes pain in my chest and back, i have tried everything: digestive tea, eliminating bread, eating less etc, but nothing has seemed to work... anything that can relieve this?

I am 51 and in no way as healthy as the previous posters, but I have had this same problem for the past 15 years. I have seen multiple doctors over this time and the only help they have offered is over the counter gas relief pills, which have never had any impact on the problem.

I have never been able to pin point any specific foods that trigger the swelling and mine is caused by any foods or liquids, in any amounts. If I do eat a large meal the swelling attacks are often accompanied by nausea and diarrhea as well.

I once had a doctor diagnose the issue as a bacterial problem and was given a nauseating medicine I had to take for a week; it seemed to work for about 3 months but then the problem was back again. In that case the short lived “cure” was worse than the problem so I never attempted that remedy gain.

I have just learned to live with the pain and embarrassment. However after reading all these posts I am a bit concerned that it could be something more serious that my past doctors have not been able to diagnose!

I've had this for as long as I can remember, even as a child. I'm healthy and in shape but still have to suck in this ridiculous bloated stomache all the time. I believe it has to do with animal products. For one year of my life my stomache was normal, and it was the year I was vegan. Cutting out meat, dairy, and eggs made my stomache look normal. If I have had an animal product in the last 24 hours and I drink some water, I will get bloated, but if I haven't had any for a day, the water will not make me bloated.

i was having same syptoms and it was an ulcer

I have this too.
I'm 22, eat super healthy.. but I have crohn's disease.
this is more of a recent problem, but i'm going to go back to my naturopath in a couple week and see what else I can do.

For those who have never been - my naturopath saved my life (literally). i highly recommend them (well, a good one)