Hi! A week ago I heard something about EDTA chelation is good for circulation improvement. Because, I have arteriosclerosis, please give me some basic information about this therapy. What is EDTA Chelation Therapy?

Hi Chelation therapy is the treatment of choice for removing toxic metals, such as lead from the body. You should know that FDA has not yet approved the use of EDTA chelation therapy for cardiovascular disorders. The lack of approval by the FDA for the use of EDTA chelation therapy for cardiovascular disease does not prevent physicians who believe in its benefits from administering it to their patients. Each 'intravenous infusion of EDTA lasts approximately four hours. At least twenty to thirty treatments are usually required for symptomatic patients. One or two treatments are given each week. Follow-up maintenance treatments are administered at longer intervals when indicated. Chelation therapy appears to work mainly by improving the circulation in small vessels and promoting the growth of new blood vessels. Large vessel blockage to the legs or brain or heart may still benefit from bypass surgery or angioplasty.