Hi. I am a 25 years old woman, and I am interested in knowing a thing or two about acupuncture. I heard that it is good for many things like – pain relief, relaxing, loosing weight, quitting smoking ,etc. I know nothing about acupuncture, so I would be glad if someone could fill me in about it.

Hi. I go to an acupuncturist every month a couple of times. I am not that frequent, but still it helped me fix my problems with migraines. You are right, about pain relief and relaxation. But I heard that loosing weight and quitting smoking is only suggestive effect. About acupuncture – it's quite simple, you are inserted pins in your skin where are your nerves. That way the nerves are stimulated, so they work better.

I was sent to a Chinese Dr. who specializes in Accupuncture by a friend of mine after suffering a back injury. I was at the time under the care of an M.D, a Chiropractor and in Physotherapy 3 times a week. With little progress after 8 weeks, I was desperate. Although sceptical, I was ready to try anything! I was only able to inhale to about 25% of my lung capacity without spasming pain under my shoulderblade that radiated across my rib-cage into my chest. The Accupuncturist used several of her techniques including a proceedure called "Cupping" to get the blood circulating around the injury. I felt my body take a significant turn after my 2nd visit. Within 4 visits, I could expand my lungs to 95% without debilitating pain. My insurance paid for 8 weeks of Physiotherapy that did very little, adjustments from the chiropractor sent me through the wall. The Acupuncture cost me $90bucks a session and I'm back to work after 4 visits...I'm a believer!!! Give it a try.