Hello. I am a 32 years old man and I suffer from back pain. I heard that Chinese medicine can help me. I heard a lot of good things about acupuncture. Funny how their medicine works rather well. I don't know nothing about it, and I would be grateful if you would explain a thing or two to me about Chinese medicine.

Acupuncture is great! It is rather new to our part of the world – maybe twenty years or so, but it is rather old, really. It is ancient, 5000 years old medicine. It started from a emperors doctor who believed that chi flows through body through meridians. At some point chi get stuck, and can't flow freely. The places where the needles are inserted are the places where meridians touch the skin. Now, the actual explanation. The needles stimulate the nerves and help them work better. To say it short. Quite useful and I recommend it.