I am interested in having acupuncture treatment for I suffer for years now from strong migraines and lately my problem is light depression also so I figured out that maybe acupuncture might be of help. I would like to know what is acupuncture medicine or is it only based on having those acupuncture needles only. So is there any acuouncture medicine.

I don't know if I have understand your question well but if you have asked is there any acupuncture medicine the answer is negative. Acupuncture is not about treating pain or some other condition by using medicines maybe there are some creams or whatever but acupuncture medicine no. it is just about those needles that are inserted beneath the skin and the treatment is not painful at all for those are not with cutting edge needles and are very thin so you won't be feeling any pain. So the main acupuncture "medicine" are those needles that affects acupuncture points to release the disturbed energy that have caused yin and yang imbalance. So you see how it works actually affecting on invisible forces by making them balanced and someone believes in it and someone don't. I personally am sure it helps a lot especially in treated depression and many forms of pain such as headaches. I also suffer from the same problems and I can bet acupuncture helps and in your case ear acupuncture would probably be performed for there're bunch of acupunctural points that are directly connected to the central nervous system and sometimes I even use ear seeds kind of a little needles that stays inside the ear for a few days without any pain.