I need some info about acupuncture practitioners where I am supposed to find one and could anyone become acupuncture practitioner. I am asking this because I am planning on with starting acupuncture treatment for I have heard it could help in reducing the headache and also want to try quitting smoking by the help of acupuncture treatment but I am not sure about acupuncture practitioners-do they have to be licensed or everybody could be acupuncture practitioner?

It is of vital importance to find experienced and licensed acupuncture practitioner with the proper certificate that allows them providing acupuncture treatments for otherwise you risk getting improper treatment especially when it comes about inserting those needles it should be done in proper manner or it could cause you some scars and the pain which is not the part of acupuncture treatment. You should get familiar if your acupuncture practitioner has finished training standards that provide the proper acupuncture certificate which doesn't guarantee that he is the best world's acupuncture practitioner but at least he has met with the major acupuncture standards. Anyway don't go to some acupuncturist that is not certified for doing this for otherwise you might risk of getting some more problem and don't give it up for it is proved that acupuncture treatments might help in reducing headache symptoms as well as dealing with smoking habit.

You could try checking out this site for information about acupuncture practicitioners, and about acupuncture generally;

**edited by moderators**