I’m 29 and I’m suffering from lower back pain. My doctor prescribes me medications but I also went to chiropractor. I had one chiropractic treatment and I don’t feel any better now. I still feel constant pain. Chiropractor not seem to be helping. Maybe I need to go again for one or two more adjustments?

Hi! The best thing you can do is to consult with your chiropractor first. He probably will tell you to continue with his treatments. Maybe it’s not bad idea. When I had a same problem with back pain I combined chiropractic and physical therapy. And, of course, I used the medications. Don’t give up!

If the chiropractory is not helping, more treatments will only make it worse. Stick to painkillers! I was booked in for six treatments but I only managed to get through three. I also had a a massage to help with the pain. It increased my pain, made me feel sick, dizzy, not with it, exhausted and hardly able to stand for long periods or walk. I had breathlessness and difficulty lifting my limbs. I was told my pain and other symptoms would go after six weeks; I had symptoms for nine months! I developed costochondritis and then irritable bowel syndrome. Even now, my exhaustion, pain and heavy legs comes back with very little exertion.