Hello! I am 33 years old and I have been feeling a low back pain for almost six months. I think it is connected to my work since I sit too much. I am an instructor at the driving school and I spend all my working hours sitting in a car. I tried massage but it didn’t help much. My mother says chiropractic is the solution for my problem but I am afraid of potential injuries. I heard that adjustments are dangerous and that it may cause a bulging disc. Is this possible?

Hello! Usually, people go and see chiropractors in order to treat a bulging disc. It shouldn’t be the opposite. As I know chiropractic is safe and I haven’t heard a chiropractic adjustment caused a bulging disc so far. Bulging disc is a contained disc disorder which may cause severe pain. Stress, activity or a mechanical problem in the spine can cause one of the discs to bulge. It is very important to treat the bulging disc by a skilled chiropractor. If you are afraid to see chiropractor you have to visit your doctor first and talk to him.