I have been diagnosed with discopathy on L3-L4 level. I have a terrible pain that spreads through my whole leg to my foot. I was thinking about visiting a chiropractor so I am interested if there are any adverse effects. I’m a bit afraid to let someone “play” with my spine but no medicines are helping anymore, so this seems like a good idea.

I had a bad neck pain which kept causing my headaches. Then a friend advised me to try chiropractics. I plucked up courage and went to see chiropractor he recommended. After few moves I felt incredible relief. My neck is fine now and headaches are gone. I must say I felt a mild pain after the chiropractors’ manipulation but it was gone on the next day. I don’t think that there are any serious side effects.

Chiropractic can be a very dangerous procedure if it is done by an amateur but it can also be very useful if it’s done by a professional. Its side effects are rare but they can occur if the procedure is not done right and if it is done in conditions that are not appropriate (infection, cancer, fracture etc.). Sometimes it can cause headaches, radiating pain or general discomfort but they should quickly subside.