Due to an inflamation in my neck with gangles and fevers I went to the doctor and I have blood tests with this results: Herpes IgG II 500 dils. Positive and the Chlamidya positive too!

Can the Chlamidya infection be in the body for a long time or have to be a recently infected?

what are the treatment for a 8 moths pregnant woman, without secundary efects to the baby?

Txs.
BETICO

Licensed Dietitian
Chlamydia can be present for a very long time, which is very bad because Chlamydia can be very dangerous for a woman’s fertility.
Luckily, nothing like that happened to you since you got pregnant but it is important that you have it cleared, so it wouldn’t progress to the Fallopian tubes.
If Chlamydia progress to the Fallopian tubes, it may cause the scarring of the tubes which may disable the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent fertilization.
If you are pregnant, it is important you have the infection cleared before giving birth because Chlamydia can harm a new born child by causing Chlamydia Pneumonia, Chlamydia Conjunctivitis which may lead to blindness eventually (but in rare and severe cases), or some kind of respiratory disease.
Chlamydia is treated with antibiotics. There are some that are safe to use during pregnancy like azithromycin or erythromycin but your doctor will decide upon the treatment.