I know Chlamidya very common among young adults and teenagers. The reason why I ask for help is that I’m in risk group plus I had sex contact lately without protection. What I want to know are symptoms of Chlamidya, how can I recognize it without going to doctor? Feel a little embarrassed to ask him something like that.

Very important to understand is that focusing on signs and symptoms is not so much useful in determining if someone is infected with Chlamidya. Problem is that Chlamidya has similar symptoms like gonorrhea. These two infections are often confused. Valuable information is also that 75% of women and 50% of men do not experience symptoms. That means the most people who are infected with this bacteria will not be able to tell it according to symptoms. When symptoms do not occur, infection usually develops within one to three weeks after exposure to Chlamidya. How someone remains it is difficult to determine since the most people are asymptomatic. If there is any doubt you could be infected beside you are teenager, you should see the doctor. That’s not diagnosis you can confirm or declaim alone.

You need to go see the doctor if you think you may have an STD. The longer you wait the more problems you could have. Here is a great link to help you more:

cdc.gov/std/Chlamydia/STDFact-Chlamydia.htm

Please start to use safer sex practices from now on and save yourself the future stress and headaches that this has already brought you.

Bets of luck!

If you feel like speaking with your current doc would be embarassing, maybe it's time for a new doctor..Maybe even a female gynecologist.. YOU really should be able to discuss ANYTHING WITH your doctor, that kind of relationship is amazingly valuable.

I am a 17 year old female, have been active with my boyfriend for 8 months. I went to see my local GP last week to get a treatment for what I beleived was just a UTI. My only symptoms were frequent urination. After being prescribed an antibiotic, my GP asked a few questions such as if i had any strange discharges, pains, unexplained bleeding, all answers were no. Still she recomended urine testing for a bladder infection and another test for chlamydia.

Dont be afraid of going to the doctor, wouldnt it be more frightening to find out that you have a developed form of chlamydia? one of my girlfriends left it too late and it destroyed her overies.. she is 17 and can never have children..

the doctors see problems like this every day, they are there to help you!! if your worried about your friends or parents finding out, DONT BE because every thing is set up so confidential.. you ring the doctor a few days after they take a urine sample and they will tell you over the phone if it is negative or ask you to come in if it is positive.. if it is positive they just have to give you a antibiotic- just a different one to what they would give someone to treat a UTI.. GET TESTED IF YOUR NOT SURE!! ITS BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY!!

The scary thing is that there aren't always symptoms. My ex-fiance cheated on me several times without me knowing. One day he said he was having pain and burning when he urinated. I felt 100% normal. Sure enough he went to the doctor and had chlamydia. I went to the doctor just to be safe even though I felt fine and I also had it. My doctor said sometimes it is easier for men to have the symptoms. If he wouldn't have gotten tested I wouldn't have even known I had anything. It really is best just to get tested. It won't be the first time your doctor has had a patient getting tested. Don't feel embarrassed.