I am 21 weeks pregnant and I was tested positive for Chlamydia yesterday and my doctor prescribed me and my boyfriend with 2 azithromycin 500mg each and we both took them so we want to know ?? When will we be cured to start back having sex?? Will the chlamydia hurt the baby?? What can we do to prevent chlamydia

This may be a duplicate of another case I just wrote too, but just in case...

I am sorry no one got back with you earlier.  Would you still like assistance with this?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and I also tested positive. My gyno gave me 2 500mg of azithromycin. She said no sexual intercourse for two weeks. I was also concerned about the baby. The baby is protected in its sac. It can cause complications if you don't get treated. Also if you give birth and have it, it can cause blindness to the baby but now in days they put medication in all babies eyes regardless if the mother had an STD. You should be fine.