Hi! I have chronic cough. Doctor diagnosed Bronchiectasis. Please tell me something about this disease. Can I live normal life with this disease? What is the treatment of this disease?

Hi! I lead normal life with this disease. Only cough bothers me a lot. People often think that I have tuberculosis. Bronchiectasis is an abnormal destruction and dilation of the large airways. Bronchiectasis is often caused by recurrent inflammation or infection of the airways. Cystic fibrosis is also cause of Bronchiectasis. Regular, daily drainage to remove bronchial secretions is a routine part of treatment. A respiratory therapist can teach your family member postural drainage. Antibiotics, bronchodilators, and expectorants are often prescribed for infections. Avoid upper respiratory infections, smoking, and pollution may lessen the susceptibility to infection. With treatment, most people can lead normal lives without major disability.