Could you tell me something about bronchitis and pain? My mum claims she suffers from terrible migraines but I think she might be having chronic bronchitis for the pain in the chest she feels also and especially for the persistent coughing she has and though the phlegm is not green yellowish I still think that this pain is bronchitis related otherwise her headaches would disappear whenever she takes some meds but it is not the case and she keeps going on like this for months now. Do you think she might be having bronchitis for the pain she has?

It could easily be bronchitis related for the common bronchitis symptoms is headache as well as sharp chest pain accompanied by this phlegm and if the phlegm is white and clean than it is more likely this chronic bronchitis of hers is virus related so it usually disappear on its own but if it is chronic like in your mums case than she needs to do everything to make her bronchitis pain easier –so if she smokes than it would be better to stop smoking and she should also keep her bronchial tubes clean by using bronchodilators and even some cough releaser though she should've been using any cough suppressant for actually it is by coughing that her bronchial tubes might get cleaned up. Anyway this bronchitis coughing is also pain accompanied both chest and headache pain so I advice she take some headache pain release meds as well as some coughing meds just to reduce that chest pain

if what is being coughed up is really thick and clear,like rubber cement, it could be coccidiodomycosis(valley fever)this would be fungal bronchitus.

If it smells fermented, it definitely is.

as for migraines, ask mom if she knows about the migraine triggers that include cheese, chocolate, stress, bright lights.....and so on