Hello! My grandmother suffers from chronic bronchitis. Her condition became very serious in the last two months. She is now on the oxygen therapy but her condition isn’t improving. Her doctor tried with corticosteroid but the side effects were so difficult he had to stop the therapy. Is there an alternative treatment for chronic bronchitis?

Hello! Chronic bronchitis can’t be cured. It is a progressive disease where the medications such as inhaled medications, antibiotics, corticosteroids and oxygen can only decrease inflammation and reduce the symptoms like wheezing or coughing. In very severe cases lung transplant may be recommended but not all patients are suitable for the surgery. There are physical exercise programs that can relieve the symptoms but unfortunately can’t do much in cases of severe chronic bronchitis.

I had chronic asthmatic bronchitis for years. I was on all the meds -- Advair, inhaled steroods, oral steroids, oral antibiotics, all the other inhalers. They helped only minimally. However, I've found that MASSIVE doses of vitamin C plus unadulterated guifenisan (Mucinex or one of the cough syrups with no other ingredients but guifenisan) have allowed me to go off of all the other medicines and I now have only rare symptoms.

The key to vitamin C therapy is to not take it every day, but instead take it whenever you feel symptoms coming on, such as with a cold. Titrate to tolerance -- that is, take as much as your body can stand without getting diarhea. I start with 32 grams (yes, grams) per day, divided into four dosages. And it must be GNC's brand. Don't ask me why, but the other brands don't work for me. As your body fights off the attack, it shows you that you need less. That is, as your stomach mildly rebels from the vitamin C, back off on the dosage.

I haven't needed any bronchitis medicine at all in almost seven years.

I have nothing to sell lol. Stop finger pointing .go and edwecait your selfe .
I have been fight back COPD for the last seven years the last doss of antibiotic last only 75 days . I got other doss it work only 28 days the mucus be come Yalow green phlegm again. I been reading about H2o2 for the last 2 months so I start H2o2 therapies. that what I did get 35% food grad H2o2/ reduce to 3.5% / by mix it with distillate water pore it in spray buttle now spray 3time into ½ cup of milk slowly drink it 3 time a days. In 1 month you will see a change for the better . After a month I have reduced
my doss too only 1 instade of 3 spray a day no more Yalow green ph