I`m 42 years old and I`ve been smoking since… forever. At first it was that feeling of tightness in my chest and had some trouble breathing. Then the terrible cough came and my doctor told me that I have chronic bronchitis. I know the smokes have caused it. Anyway, I was prescribed with bronchodilator, but think that some good old antibiotics will be more effective?

Hi. I was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis too. I cough up mucus and it looks awful, like yellow or yellow green. So I quit smoking. Antibiotics can`t help you, only if you get a lung infection. Bronchodilator opens the airways in lungs so you could breathe normally. I was also prescribed with Theophylline. My lungs are really damaged and a doctor recommended me an oxygen therapy. Don` know anything about that but I trust my doctor.