Greetings, I am a guy who is 36 years old. I really have a problem with bronchitis and I would like to know how long it lasts. Tell me something about treating bronchitis. I am really curious to hear about this one. I will be grateful for every answer I hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Acute bronchitis may last 10 or 11 days. It always starts with a dry cough and later cough is wet. This cough may last even a couple of months because bronchial tubes heal slowly. Antibiotics are used to treat acute bronchitis caused by virus. As a prevention smokers shouldn’t even smoke if that is possible. If the patient is coughing blood he may be suffering from lung cancer or tuberculosis.

Hello there lek,

As burgess has already said acute bronchitis will pass in a few days. The cough can be pretty persisting, so if you are a smoker stop to smoke immediately. I presume that you have consulted your doctor about this, and usually antibiotics are not prescribed for this condition. In case that you don’t get better in a few days, than you will need to consult your doctor because sometimes it is possible that bronchitis spreads to the lungs.

If you feel the symptoms for about three months, than you will be diagnosed with chronic bronchitis. And unfortunately this is very persistent condition, and it will reoccur. I hope that you will resolve your problem soon.