My father is a 57 year old man who has been smoking since the age of 14. He has been diagnosed with COPB i think its called and emphezima... sorry im misspelling these words. He was told by the doctor to stop smoking. If he chooses not to stop does this mean his life expectancy is shorten, is he making the condition way worse, will he die?
I am very worried.

Smoking is very hard to quit but it can have a detrimental effect on health. If he's been diagnosed with both a pulmonary disease and emphysema, he can aggravate the situation. I think that if you are concerned about it that you should talk to your dad about quitting, because he can help himself quite a bit. I know that you are worried but you can at least do your part and help talk to him about it. I hope this helps.

hi dear!! how r u?? your worry about your fathers health is genuine...COPD is an irreversible conditon but it can be withheld by eliminating the risk factor like smolking in your case....smoking has to b stopped,ther is no other option to it...try hard,and make him quit..... u love him,and he loves u too he will understand!!!!
fingers crossed!!!!
for any kinda help,tel me!!!