Hi I'm 14 years old For about 2 months now I have had lots of heart palpitations, it has gotten worse since it started.. It started off happening sometimes when I went to bed, to now happening 3-4 times a day usually in the afternoon. Everytime I post something about my palpitations someone always says "drink more water" or "don't drink caffeine or smoke" but I drink a fair amount of water, I don't drink caffeine often at all, and I don't smoke I'm 14.. I have anxiety, I worry about everything and am very self conscious about myself even though I'm quite healthy and skinny. When I worry about things it's kinda like something will happen at school and then ill get chest tightness and worry ALOT about that and then ill get heart palpitations... Which makes me really really nervous.. I was on a plane this weekend and I got palpitations then too because I worry everytime there is turbulence.. I'm really sick of people just saying "it's just anxiety".... Well if it's anxiety then how do you know? This is why I'm here to ask. My palpitations usually feel like fluttering... Skipped beats or big thuds in my chest. Sometimes I have them walking up the stairs, when I'm super nervous, playing hockey, or just walking then sitting down. I don't get dizzy, or shortness of breath.. Just chest tightness in the middle of my chest. I really need an honest opinion. I have been burping a lot too which I usually don't. I just want to go without worrying about it happening.. I want my life back... I've been for an EKG and everything came back normal.. I've been to the doctor and he said that my heart has been healthy since I was born and that it's still healthy and that he only sent me for the EKG to ease my mind not because he thought I needed it. What can I do to stop this and why is this happening? I really need your honest opinions and lots of details. It would really be great to get rid of this.. Thanks.

You could be having an anxiety attack, but it would be best to check with your doctor proper medication and diagnostics test could be done. 

You described exactly what I felt like four years ago. It started for me at 27. I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but it is linked to anxiety and stress. I still get palpitations randomly. I actually have been getting them tonight. It could be that your adrenal glands are weak or your hormones are off balance, this is my problem. I find that taking magnesium helps me a lot specifically the Natural Calm Magnesium. It's the best quality magnesium out there right now. Also a lot of green veggies and 1 Tbsp. of black strap molasses helps me. I hope this info helps you. :)

I know how you feel. I'm currently going through this right now. First I would go see a cardiologist just to rule out any problems. I've been and now waiting on a 30day monitor. So far everything is fine. I've had anxiety since I was 18 (now 32). It sucks and I'm so sorry you're going through this. My best advice is to make sure nothing is wrong and then deal with the anxiety. Trust me you don't want to waste your life with worry. Because once you stop worrying about one thing another will develop. It's amazing what your mind can make your body feel. Good luck :)