Hi, I often use cinnamon in kitchen when I’m cooking or making a cake. I also heard that in some countries it’s used as a medicine. Is it true? What is it used for?

Hi, cinnamon is a small evergreen tree that comes from Sri Lanka, and some other countries like India, Java an Sumatra. It is mostly used as a spice in cakes, chocolate and liquers, because it has a very pleasant taste. However, it is also used as a medicine. Cinnamon is very helpful in treating type II diabetes. It potentiates the activity of insulin, and has some bio-active components that help in preventing this disease. It could be very helpful in poor countries where people can’t afford medicines for diabetes. Cinnamon is also used as a medicine for gas, bloating, loss of appetite and stomach pain. It has high antioxidant activities, and its oil has antimicrobial properties. I don’t think we need any more reason for using this incredable plant.