Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Yesterday I have been stung by a bee. My friend removed a stinger from my finger and after an hour I didn’t feel any pain at all. But my mum told me that some people can be allergic to bee sting. I didn’t know that. Can bee sting give some people an allergy reaction?

Loading...

Hi! Bee venom has many different effects on the human body. Human reaction on bee sting can be serious or even fatal. I read somewhere that more people die each year from the effects of insect venom than from spider or snake bites. You can do some allergy test and see do you hypersensitive to bee stings.
Reply

Loading...

here in sri lanka, we recommend leaving in the sting and having a female (THIS IS IMPORTANT) urinating on the affected area. Preferably, a pregnant female if one can be found, although this is not essential (pregnant urine is more acidic). This counteracts the effect of the sting. It is best if you go to a non-populated part of your village and have the female perform the task. Try not to do so in food preparation areas due to hygiene concerns (urine on food may cause germs to occur in the food). Make sure the female only urinates and does not excrete human feces onto the affected area, although you shouldn't worry if this occurs.

All the best,

Dr Roparta
Reply

Loading...

Whoa. Culture Shock!
Reply

Loading...