Hi, I heard of healing properties of Curcumin. I prefer to prepare healthy food, with many nourishing and healing ingredients. What are the potential benefits of using Curcumin as a spice?

Curcumin is active ingredient of Curcuma longa, also known as tumeric, a member of ginger family. It is used for curries. Curcumin has been used in Asian cookery for thousands of years. Curcumin is used in Ayurvedic medicine as a "cleanser of the body" and it’s properties are being scientifically proven these days. Curcumin is being used as an anticancer agent and for gynecomastia (side effect) in men treated for prostate cancer. It has specific antiviral (recommended for Hepatitis C patients) anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer (proven by clinical studies) and cholesterol-lowering effects. Clinical study show curcumin cures kidney disease, protect liver functions and prevents Alzheimer disease. I believe it will be delicious, healthy spice in your kitchen.