I'm 29 year old female and I have sinusitis. I was told by an allergist to take extra vitamin c, he's anti-surgery, anti-antibiotics, etc. He only told me to take an extra 500 mg of vitamin c per day. I'm wondering how long it should take before I feel better and I should mention I've really been taking 3000-5000 mg/day? I wasn't getting any better, so I've visited another doctor and he wants to do surgery. I am confused about my chronic sinusitis.

It is hard to tell, especially from my perspective because I also have those issues and I have tried almost everything. I felt some relief, but this pain didn't disappear at all. One of my biggest issues was how to relieve internal sinus swelling, but it seems to me that I still haven't found the answer about this. You can try some homeopathic medicines for example. I was using Kali Bichrome because it is natural Homeopathic medicine for Sinusitis. You can use it every day, and when you are using it,  the discharge drops back into the throat despite coming out of the nose. It is ugly but it can help you get rid of the pain. It helped me a little bit. Not totally, but I am dealing with it. 

I am suffering from chronic sinusitis for 10 years now. I think I’ve tried everything. Now, I intend to give the megadosing a fair shot. I think a month should be enough time to tell if the benefits will be enough, and I understand that since is chronic, it's going to take awhile to reverse. I r just scheduled the surgery because it's easy to cancel it if I don't need it, but harder to get it when I want it if I decide I do need it. There is nothing confusing...if you ask me there is no cure.

Fellow sinusitis sufferers,
I have suffered from chronic sinusitis for about 14 years, at first with medium intensity migraines. I took antibiotics about 3-4 times a year until a few years after I got sinusitis I saw an herbalist who at least got the migraines to go away. I still have sinusitis, but have found the following things to improve it:
1) Drink 4-5 cups of green tea a day. It helps thin the mucous and relieve inflammation (It has other health benefits too)
2) Put some fresh ginger root in the tea (about a teaspoon per cup) as ginger is anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory
3) Boil water, pour into a bowl, put some eucalyptus essential oil in the water (3-4 drops) and inhale it with a towel over your head.
4) Take Omega 3 capsules (EPA and DHA totalling about 800-1000 mg per day) as they have shown anti-inflammatory effects.
5) Make sure to take a multivitamin and if possible an antioxidant complex
6) If you have chronic sinusitis you also probably have an underlying mild food allergy that you don't know about. Research doing a row elimination diet to see what is causing a constant increased immune response and take that out of your diet.
7) Exercise at medium intensity, preferably aerobic exercise like jogging, tennis, pilates, etc. at least 3 times a week as this helps increase blood oxygenation, vasodilation and concurrent constriction (releaves pressure) and thins the mucous.
8 ) Stop eating dairy if you can, absolutely none at or after dinner, and cut out as much refined sugar as you can since it is an immunosuppressant.
9 ) You can take megadoses of Vitamin C if you want, but it didn't seem to help me that much.
10) I recently came across a website selling the Sinus Doctor Sinusitis Remedy (search for that and it will come up, it is from a man named Joe Johnson) and have ordered it. When I see how it works I'll let you know.

Please note that I am a Pre-Med student, but am not a doctor at this point. I have no intention of going into the medical field as doctors have not helped to alleviate the problem, if anything they have exacerbated my sinusitis. The only true relief I have found is through diet, herbs, and exercise.

Did the "Sinus Doctor" work for you? My neighbor swears by it. On his advise, I ordered some. It took two weeks to arrive (shipped from the UK) and my symptoms had already subsided. I decided to tried one treatment and "WOW" the essential oils are strong. The treatment cleared my head, loosened some mucus I didn't know I had, and the sinus were wide open for a week. NOTE: the oils are strong! They stung my nose at first, and then I got used to it. Here's the site: http://www.sinusinfectiondiscovery.com/

I have had a ridiculous number of sinus procedures and have also tried holistic--accupuncture etc..--any word on if sinus doctor works--I am desperate!

OMG ihave been suffering from chronic sinusitis for about 7 years now and I;m only 16. Gosh sometimes it just takes the life out of me! i absolutely hate it. I tried the nasal sprats and stuff. One thing my doctor told me about was Neil Med's Sinus Rinse. It has cleared up my nasal area but you need to do it on a regular basis and it still comes back :( I am going to try the herbal and lifestyle changes and see what happens.

Why can't they find a cure to chronic sinusitis? It's a pain in the ... :@

I have had chronic sinusitis for 13 years ever since I had my first child and I also have polyups with it. I have a hare one surgury which help only one side and have been a lab rat for a doctor but my worse time of the year is winter and fall. I have also had allergy tests and nothing comes up. The only thing that gives me some help is Arden nose spray but you can only take it for a couple of days. So if anyone has info. Please share it.

Hi, I just came across your post while looking for sinus remedies - I am curious whether you received the Sinus Doctor remedy from Joe Johnson and whether it worked or not. Right now it is selling on his website for $87 and I'm tempted to buy it (if they will post to Australia) but the website really put me off, it looked like a typical dodgy sales site that says it offers the world and is either a scam or useless. Please let me know if you had any good results with it!

Wow.. be careful what you read, and do your research.

First of all, to the 29/30 year old lady that first put the question on here, be careful with your vitamin C uptake. You can overdose on vitamin C albeit on very high concentrations, however you dont need much to have side effects.

and google the topic if you are interested.

I have then looked at obtaining the ingredient of his "miracle herbs" only to find out that these drugs (ant thymus vulgar, cinnamomum zeylonium, and engena corsphylate are just a type of thyme, cinnamon, and an "unknown" herb of which if you google it only ever comes up with his product, including the image search.

Usually plant names come from ether Greek or Latin (Latin mainly) and even if you cant find the relevant information that you are looking for, you should be able to make an educated guess whith Google Image Search. The fact that you cant raises further alarms.

Now he states that he has helped 170,000 people so far. Question, how many people have this condition?

According to Bupa (UK) about 1 in 5 people have some sort of chronic problem with their sinuses. There are 63.23 million people in the UK. Do your math. Do you think that doctors would not reccommend this product if they thought that it had any merit.

To top it off look at his disclaimer at the bottom of the home page

"These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is a natural remedy and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

What? "Any disease"? Not even his? Has he not stated it is a "cure"?

What a load of ****!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Did SINUS DOCTOR work

I suspect the miracle ingredient you could not identify named "Engena Corsphylate" is actually Oil of Clove: Eugena Corsphylate.
So the components ingredient list is:

1. Cinnamomum Zeylonicum
Commonly known as cinnamon and has a reputation as a cure for colds and is high in antioxidant activity.It also has antimicrobial properties which means it can kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi or virus. Its native country is Sri Lanka. I've seen oils from cinnamon leaf and cinnamon bark, so I'm not sure which is correct here.

2. Eugena Corsphylate
Commonly known as oil of cloves and it can be used from flavouring medicine to home remedy for sinus, bronchitis, the common cold, a cough, fever, sore throat and tending to infections. They are mainly produced from Madagascar and Indonesia.

3.Thymus Vulgaris
Commonly known as thyme, it acts as an expectorant, loosening phlegm in the respiratory tract so that it can be coughed up. It is native in southern Europe.

Prices for these vary wildly, depending on the manufacturer, but you should be able to get 30ml bottles of each for less than $10 each.

You SHOULD always do your due dilligence and research anything carefully. even natural remedies can be harmful IE Vit C overdose mentioned above. However, the disclaimer is meant to protect him from evil organizations fighting him and suing him for providing help to people who otherwise would pour crazy amounts of money into their OTC/prescrips. As someone who markets organic products I know the fun game of loopholes. A nurse in canada with a cancer remedy was blacklisted for claiming it cured it, same tea is sold/recipe offered now but people market it as a health drink. i agree his site looks smoozy, it spurred a intense research tangent for me, but i always look into everything im using or thinking about using. In one of his videos he mentions he used to sell the recipe until people started selling it and plagiarizing his works/information as their own. Aside from that he worried people werent buying right oils. From my experiences i hold that worry very valid. Many people will unknowingly purchase FRAGRANCE oils which are synthetic and toxic and just as bad as fragrances in perfume. NOT ONLY that many essential oils are mislabeled intentionally and some are diluted or pesticides used on them. it is VERY VERY IMPORTANT to ONLY use HIGH QUALITY, ORGANIC & PURE ESSENTIAL OILS!!!! ESPECIALLY if your body is already weakened. he does list ingredients somewhere, and says on video i believe. a simple google search will pull them up from other sites anyways. The ENGENA spelling could be a mistake. when you google the thyme name, vulgar comes up as vulgaris. though on that note ma ny many people often do that to make it harder to replicate a recipe. i do in my products, ive seen it with countless other organic makeup/skin/hair care companies.

His 3 months to try and FULL money back guarantee actually makes me believe in his company. I almost purchased it until i thought to look up ingredients myself.

ONE LAST NOTE: IF you attempt to diy this please realize there are many types of cinnamon. AND cinnamon cassia is not actually cinnamon, and has different effects on you whether good or possible side effects. Ive read its not as safe to use for these purposes.

Just do your research folks. No matter how simple the remedy seems. sometimes you may change a word on the search and all of a sudden much more information comes up. good luck to all!

The third oil you are looking for is clove oil. I have just ordered the oils separately on Amazon for about £6! Regarding the disclaimer, it is a mandatory statement. I am a doctor, conventional doctors are usually not trained in natural or alternative remedies which is why we do not recommend them to patients. Even from Med School it is all about pharmaceutical drugs, anything else barely gets mentioned, which is a shame. I have researched natural remedies because I am interested, but everything I know about them is from my own research, not from my formal training.

Thanks for your post. It's clear that you have done your research. In addition to these, I found relief by seeing a massage therapist/chiropractor on youtube demonstrating how to drain, in my case, the maxillary sinus by applying heavy pressure with the index and next finger under the cheekbones for 20 seconds. After I did so, the next two days all of the fungus in my sinuses came out in droves for 2 days and I finally found relief. It was like a miracle. Massage therapists refer to this as accupressure; chiropractors refer to it as sinus decompression. This has been used for thousands of years to clear sinuses. Until I did my own research, my ENT had me believing that no wholistic therapies work and that I had to have balloon rhinoplasty, for which I understand he gets paid $30,000 per procedure. Think there's a conflict of interest? Wanted to share this with you in case you have not tried it. Again, thanks for your wonderful post.