Hello! I have been on yasmin birth control pills for 3 years, that is ever since I started dating my husband. We have been talking last night and decided to enlarge our family. So, I was wondering how long it takes for the body to clean after BC pills? When can we plan to conceive?

Hi! I had the same question when I was planning to get pregnant. My gynecologist told me that it is only routinely advised to stop with pills a few months before getting pregnant, so that women can re-establish their menstrual cycle after BC pills. Otherwise, the pills have no lasting effects and they don’t require time in order to get out of the system. So, there isn’t any health risk involved. That was a relief to hear, but I haven’t conceived 6 months after anyway. Now, we have a beautiful 1 year old girl. I wish you all the best!!!!

It normally will take about 2 years to clean out your body and have it ready for a baby... at least that's what has happened to me and pretty much everyone I know