I am 25 and have been married since last 4 years. Since, we were planning to have kids after a couple of years of our marraige and I always had irregular periods, I was prescribed Yasmin (birth control pill) for contraception and to regulate my periods. We have been trying to get pregnant for almost 8 months now with no results. Since last 8 months I have been off of Yasmin, so that I can get pregnant, but I was surprise, that I got my periods for continues 3 cycle (with 30 days each) without YASMIN naturally.

But after that 3rd last cycle, again my periods became irregular. So, then I started taking yasmin for a month, got my period at the end of the same month and would try to get pregnant and wait for a month, to check for a positive pregnancy result. If not, then I would repeat the same PROCESS overall again. But no results with that attempt too.

My GYN has now prescribed me Provera 10mg (5 day pill). My question over here is that, could I get pregnant by repeating the same last PROCESS, that I tried by using Yasmin ? I mean when i don't get my period, I take provera 10mg (5 days pill) and then once I get my period can we try to conceive and get any positive results on that ?

Any kind of response is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi hon: did you tell you Gyn that this is what you were doing!? Because if I were you I wouldn't do that! You will not know for at least a month that you are pregnant, so if you go back on the pill and you ARE pregnant, that could be really bad!

It is harder to become pregnant when you have irregular periods, you were on the pill for that reason - not to get pregnant but to regulate your period. That said, it is by no means impossible. As usual all the stars have to be lined up - at that is the same for anyone!!

So IF your doctor doesn't know about what you are doing, then mention it to him, he could have other ideas for you. Keep in mind that it can take any healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. So try not to stress about it too much - I know easier said than done. So talk to your doctor then see what they say. If I were you don't back on the pill, and try when ever the moment hits you. It CAN become a fulltime job, and so depressing for both of you. LEt me know what your doctor says OK? Good luck hon!

Thanks for your response. My gyn knows it & your are right that I wouldn't know it for atleast a month that I am pregnant.

But as I said before that I take yasmin for a month, get my period at the end of the same month, then stop taking yasmin for the next month & would try to conceive in the same month (meaning trying in the month when I stop taking yasmin) and wait for atleast another 15-20 days including the last month of my try to conceive without yasmin (still yasmin is not started) & then check for a pregnancy result.

If not preg, then I would repeat the same PROCESS overall again.

Thanks.

Got ya!!! What a TIRING regime!!, I thought I was bad trying to figure out which pills to take every day?

So the Gyno is OK with all of this, and doesn't have other suggestions? I just find it a bit strange that you are on the pills to regulate your period - which is right. Then as soon as you come off them to try and get pregnant, then they become irregular. So I really don't understand how that is going to work - regulate your periods that is!!! It's like a Catch 22 isn't it?

I AM going to get a bit graphic here, so please just bear with me OK? I got pregnant with both my children right away, I followed this routine as I had it in my head that I wanted them born in JUNE!!! don't ask me why ;-) XD So we would have sex as often as possible, I didn't follow my ovulating dates just whenever. So when we would - clinch the deal ;-) - so to speak - then I would have 2 pillows under my bum and stayed that way ALL night. Just to help out my husbands boys reach my girl!!!! XD o.O ;-) :$ It worked both times, and I wasn't ovulating at the time!

About a year after my 2nd child was born, my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So I tried and tried to get pregnant, to give her another grand child before she passed away. I was SO STRESSED about getting pregnant, that - I believe anyway - I COULDN'T!!, I had already proven that I could get pregnant so why not now!!? The only thing that had changed is the HUGE stress I was under, and the CONSANT thoughts that I HAD to get pregnant/ I am sure you can relate to this, it is OVERWHELMING isn't it? And I truly feel for you!

I am a huge believer in trying to relax and see what happens, and not making having a baby into a job! BECAUSE of what I went through and many other women I have known through the years, that it consumes their every thought, their love life, their emotional stability and the EVETNUALLY their finances.

Of course I am not saying that this is going to be solved by just relaxing, but I do think it has a lot to do with it. So find out from you gynecologist what the next step is? Good luck hon, and take it easy on yourself OK? Let me know how everything is going OK?

A small correction, as soon as I come off pills (YASMIN) to try and get pregnant, my periods become REGULAR & not IRREGULAR. And thats very strange to me because my periods are always irregular.

I only get periods if am on pills. But to my surprise, when I stopped taking pills in order to get pregnant, I got my periods for continues 3 cycle (30 days each) without YASMIN naturally. It does means that I might be ovulating on my own & got my periods on time. But my question over hear is that, I have to be pills in order to regulate my periods but why do I get my periods regularly 9 even though they were irregular before), when I am trying to conceive ? Isn't that strange ?

Although, my gyn did said, that it is possible to get your periods even though you might not be ovulating. But thats an exceptional case, very very very rare. Its all very complicated.

Thanks.

Hi: Yes it's all wonky isn't it? So what would happen if you didn't use the pill, since you have shown to have your own periods without it? I am NOT saying that your doctor is pill happy, but IF you can have your own periods with out medicinal use, then why use them?!!! Perhaps give yourself a break from them for awhile, and see what happens,