i had my right ovary removed about 10 years ago as it had a large cyst on in which twisted and caused internal bleeding. I am now wanting to begin trying for a baby. Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience, or has knowledge about this? thank you!

Everything I was told about getting pregnant after my surgery was positive, especially with the use of drugs such as Clomid, which will work the other ovary a little more.

my sister had one of her ovaries removed after tubal pregnancy,caused it to rupture. since the surgery she now has 2 beautiful children a daughter 3yr and son 1yr

I have a friend that got sugery because of a cyst left with only one ovary, and a yr later she got pregnant even though it took her a little while.She says that the secret to getting preg is to wait for the ovary that you have to ovulate ,cuz they take turns for what she says.So if u got a healthy ovary Yeah!! if she could you can too!

Hi everyone,

Guest - I had the same thing happen - my right ovary removed several years ago due to a large twisted cyst that caused internal bleeding. I had irregular periods previously. After the surgery the Dr. prescribed birth control pills continuously. I stopped them about 7 mos. ago to see how my periods would be and to my surprise they have been normal! This gives me hope that I might be fertile after all, and hope to try and conceive in a couple years. (But then again there are women with two healthy ovaries and normal periods who are still unable to conceive for some unknown reason).
Sorry I don't have knowledge about the fertility chances, but just wanted to say you're not alone! Take care.

I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed when I was 26 years old. I became pregnant with my first child at 28 and carried her full term. It took us almost a year to get pregnant but that could be for all kinds of reasons, such as timing, too tired to for sex, and or illness during ovulation. Hang in there. If you are having regular periods your chances are good. We are currently trying for our second and have been trying for 8 months. I"m still positive.

i had removed my one ovary and now i have only one ovary with cyst can i get pregnant?

you can get pregnant. i had mine left overy removed in 2005 but i go

got pregnant and i have three beautifull kid and now im pregnant

again with the fourth one all normal deliveries.Have faith in

God theres nothing impossible with him.

thanks

sorry. don't have an answer, nor experience. I pushed(reply) looking to see the answer.but my youngest daughter has the same problem. so when you get an answer, please share with me. again sorry. God Bless.

My mother had four healthy pregnancies with only one ovary, two of which she conceived while on birth control, it's a running joke in our family that we are just a fertile family lol...she never "tried" to get pregnant either, i.e tracking ovulation or anything, we were all surprises :) there's always hope as long as your otherwise healthy...good luck!

My best friend conceived only 4 months after having one of her ovaries removed.. her son is beautiful :)

I had my left ovary removed while I was 13 wks pregnant with my first daughter. I had an ovarian cyst the size of a rugby ball, which showed up at my 12 wk scan! If it had burst we could both have died Miraculously she survived the surgery and is now a beautiful and clever four year old. I've since had two more healthy girls without any difficulty getting pregnant. I'm 33 now and will prob go on to have one more. My only advice would be to not wait too long as it gets more difficult the older you get. best of luck X
Evenstar

i have been reading some of the story , and imust say i feel a bit more happy now . because my daughter is pregnant , she allso had her ovarian remove because she had a cyst , so i will keep prayer in that she will be ok . thank s  for all your story s x 

Wow! How did you all get so lucky? I was a healthy, fertile young woman...had a surprise dermoid cyst in my 20's which caused the removal of an ovary. Fast forward a few years...tried chlomid and then a more aggressive drug to try to get pregnant (not ivf) but ended up having to have major surgery on my other ovary. Of course, have only ever been told by Dr's "there's no reason why you can't get pregnant". The most isolating experience of my whole life!