i am tyring to get pregnant. my husband was addicted to oxycontin, now takin suboxone will this effect his sperm or cause infertility

wooo, yes yes yes....but you want to be thinking of the bigger picture, of course any synthetic drug will effect the sperm to a degree just like eating a healthy diet will more likely produce healthier sperm. I'd like to give you some advice, make your husband eat very well, I suggest you make him check out mens health magazine online, (just google it) they have a bunch of recipes, but here is my insider info, at least I like to think it is, have you ever heard of choline? It is an organic compound, amongst the vitamin b complex. It helps with learning, a study was conducted with mice, pretty basic, two pregnant mouseys, one has choline in diet the other doesnt, the baby mousies were then given a maze to go through to get food, toys whatever, the ones who had the choline had "genius memory"! the others didnt. Now im not saying that you take this and your kid is gonna be a genius but you know what if memory isnt a big ass part of intelligence then im donald duck speaking of birds that dont fly too well chickens lay eggs, eggs (the yolk) contains choline. You can also buy this at the vitamin store which I would along with fish oil and a bunch of other sh*t to get you both up to standard. Anyway all the best and hope your not already preggers.

ta ta: )

My husband was addicted at the time we conceived and I had no idea he was taking it. He is clean now but I am just scared that something is going to be wrong with the baby. Could something happen that early in the pregnancy? He went to detox 2 weeks after I got pregnant.

My daughter was concieved while i was on Suboxone and everything was fine. My Daughter is now two and is very smart and thriving. don't worry the stress could cause problems

Ok heres my issue...Ive been taking suboxone now for a good 8 months prescribed. I havent done heroin r anything else but suboxone and my girlfriend is now pregnant. Im kinda nervous if the baby will be 100% healthy.My girlfriend is clean and takes nothing and doesnt even drink. im curious if me taking the suboxone will have any effect on the baby???

how did everything turn out for you all i am wondering the same thing since i have had two miscarriages in six months and my husband is also on suboxone please email me back and let me no the outcome _[removed]_ thank you

i have had two miscarriages in six months and my husband is also on suboxone

Hi I am in the same situation I have had two miscarriages in 8 months.
And my partner is on suboxone.

I have a question my husband and I both are prescribed painkillers and we are trying to conceive and have been for 2 years my obgyn told me nothing was wrong with me I am 32 and he is 49 can you help with any information

"Anyway all the best and hope your not already preggers." Way to be supportive. What if she is? A bit of positivity can go a long way for someone who is struggling with addiction and especially if she is having a baby. I wish her all the best and I hope that I am finding you now, years later after this post with a happy and healthy little family member. :)

Don't panic, hopefully by now you are already happily pregnant. However, myself and my partner are on 8mg each of suboxone and I am currently 8wks into my pregnancy. We made sure to give up EVERYTHING else, pot, pills etc... And let nature do the rest. I've cut my dose in half and plan to come off it completely before the 6 month mark, but with a little determination a dose of 'Elevit' or another pregnancy supplement your chances of conception are not limited to the fact that you are on a maintenance programme. Of course you have to be aware that you are a high risk once you fall pregnant and you must be monitored more closely than the 'norm' but I and many of my friends have had no problems and I know of plenty healthy happy babies/children born from parents who come from 'the other side of the tracks'
Good luck & best wishes

My fiance and I are planing our wedding as we speak after the wedding we are planning on trying to have children. Hes just worried his sperm count is so low from years or herion addiction he wont be able to get me pregnant. When we met he was still struggling his addiction. Meeting me got him to get his mind set on getting clean and staying clean because he now has reason for life as he would put it. What are the chances of getting pregnant after his years of herion use??

I'm curious to know how long your fiancehas been clean for? My husband was using opiotes for a long time before we met and is now on suboxane, but has relapsed a few times during our 1year and a half marriage but he knows that he will lose me if he ever does it again and swears he won't, but I don't know if the fear of losing me and wanting to be with me is a big enough reason for an addict to stop, so how long has your fiancé been clean for? It would give me some hope knowing that it is possible, and maybe if he can talk to my husband and share his experience that would be great... About his fertility I believe he should see a doctor and check his sperm, I think heroin use dose effect sperm in a lot of ways but it depends how long he used for and how long he has been clean and if he has been healthy... Good luck

hi my husband and I have been on suboxone since February of 2014. Started off on 8mg and now we're both down to 3-4mg. But INS no longer covers suboxone so were taking Zubsolv. We've been trying to conceive now for 8 months. Haven't had any close calls at all and we have tried when we have time due to our extremely busy work schedules to try to conceive around ovulation time. I'm getting nervous and I'm beginning to feel and think it's never going to happen.(getting pregnant)

me and my fiancé are both taking zubsolv 5.7 mgs for almost a year now and we have been trying to conceive ever since then now that we have both been clean from heroin and I haven't had any luck either. I am too starting to get nervous that its never gonna happen! we try as often as we can but due to his crazy work schedule its not as much as I would like to try but im sure its enough! all of my friends are going on there second or third child and with that being said im beginning to think im never going to be able to have a child.

Ive had 2 miscarriages as well. My fiance is on suboxone as well. I was wondering if that is the cause. Did u ever carry to term? Did u find out of it can cause problems with sperm?