I have been reading many reports about people switching to coconut oils to lose weight and supposedly more and more people are doing so and losing weight. I would like to hear explanation on this. Thank you

I am no expert but I somehow don’t buy these statements. No one can just switch to coconut oil and lose weight. It just sounds ridiculous to me. To lose weight you need to eat balanced food and switching to coconut and virgin oil may be healthier but it wouldn’t induce weight loss. If there is anyone to correct me and disagree, go ahead, I would love to hear the arguments.

Coconut oil does help with weight loss! I lost over 30 lbs by adding organic virgin coconut oil to my diet and getting rid of almost all the other oils, except butter and olive oil. I also eat a healthy diet full of meat, whole grains and produce, but I did before too, and didn't lose much weight.

Coconut oil does help stimulate the metabolism, as well as having many other health benefits. Next to mother's milk, coconut oil is nature's highest source of medium chain fatty acids (MTC's), which raise the body's metabolism, leading to weight loss. It has fatty acids such as lauric acid and monoglycerides, similar to mother's breast milk.

When lauric acid is consumed in the body, whether through mother's milk or coconut oil, it enhances the immune system to help the body fight infections, diseases, bad bacteria and yeast invasions. Lauric aid is known to be anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, which explains why coconut oil has so many other health benefits.

I don't know too much about it. But my mother started taking coconut oil and fish oil together everyday for a while. And not long after she stared taking those together she started loosing A LOT of weight. She wasn't doing anything different besides taking coconut oil and fish oil.
I don't know if it is just a consequence that she lost this weight or if those supplements together made her metabolism go up. 
But by her not changing anything else.... my mother thinks that it had to have been the oils. 
Because she was not overweight at all and wasn't trying to lose weight... she started taking the oils for health reasons.