Hello! I have just started working out and I need something to increase my weight a little bit. I have always been too slim and even though I know many girls would love to be in my place that is not the case with me. Now, I heard that mixing coconut oil will help me gain weight! What should I mix it with then? All replies are welcome!!!!

Hi there! Who ever you heard it from, you didn’t hear well. Coconut oil is metabolized from other fats. It breaks down quickly and is burned for fuel long before it can be stored as fat. What you are talking about, must be coconut oil. In order to increase weight and energy, bodybuilders use these shakes: one can (13.5 fluid ounces) of coconut milk with two ounces of protein blended with pineapple juice and a banana (other juices may be used). You should use this 2 hours before the workout. You can find coconut milk available in supermarkets, Asian markets, and health food stores.

Coconut milk contains coconut oil. Coconut oil is often used for weight loss because it stimulates the metabolism, but it is also used by weight lifters for weight gain as well.

Coconut oil is full of healthy benefits. Next to mother's milk, it is nature's highest source of medium chain fatty acids (MTC's). It has fatty acids such as lauric acid and monoglycerides, similar to mother's breast milk. (And unless there is a problem, babies fed mother's milk don't lose weight.)

The lauric acid in coconut oil actually helps you maintain your perfect weight, whether you need to lose weight or gain weight.