Hello, I have had Parkinson's for over 15 years. I have lost over
45 pounds during the past 10 years. My weight is now down to 123 pounds which I feel is at a dangerous level.

Every month I am down another pound.

I have read recently about using coconut oil for weight gain.

Has anyone had any success with this?

Thank you

I am a male 65 years old

Hmm, I've actually heard the opposite about coconut oil. It helps people lose weight. My husband uses it and he's lost weight.

Have you tried contacting a nutritionist about your weight? Perhaps a nutritionist would be able to tell you what to eat, when to eat to help you gain.

Coconut oil is often used for weight loss because it stimulates the metabolism, but it is also used by weight lifters for weight gain as well.

Coconut oil is full of healthy benefits. Next to mother's milk, it is nature's highest source of medium chain fatty acids (MTC's). It has fatty acids such as lauric acid and monoglycerides, similar to mother's breast milk. (And unless there is a problem, babies fed mother's milk don't lose weight.)

The lauric acid in coconut oil actually helps you maintain your perfect weight, whether you need to lose weight or gain weight.

If you are still looking for ways for healthy weight gain, I am available to explore your diet with you and suggest healthy alternatives for weight gain. I have used different things to increase healthy muscle mass. I am a Health and Nutrition coach and an RN, so if you want to email me, I will offer what suggestions have worked for others, if you want to look into that and take a look at your diet too-

**edited by moderator**