i am trying to gain some weight. Does Code liver Oil help if not what is suggested?

Wow, cod liver oil! I hadn't heard of that in a long time. How much weight are you looking to gain? Are you trying to build muscle or are you trying to simply get your body fat percentage up? If you are looking to gain muscle, I would recommend exercise in conjunction with extra calorie intake. Try to eat nutrient dense, calorie dense foods. I think the best advice I can give is to try eating about four tablespoons of peanut butter per day on top of your normal diet. That's an extra 500 calories, which equates to roughly a pound per week, and it's full of protein. Good luck to you!

Hi, as I know Cod liver oil has high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids. Also it is very rich with vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin E. So I'm not so sure about gaining weight but you will be pretty healthy after taking cod liver oil. :-)
I would like to agree with healthnfitnessguy, it's best if you gain on muscle not fat. So you need to take a little more food, and exercise 3-5 day a week. Make a plan for food and exercises for a hole week if you can. Then you will gain mass and will have no problems or side affects.

I wasn't aware of the omaga 3 fatty acids in it. That does help out quite a bit if you don't want to get the acids from actual fish sources instead. That would help a lot with your memory for sure but it certainly doesn't help with weight gain, aside from the calories. It also turns out that if you want to gain weight while keeping your fat down, try to go with plant-derived monounsaturated fats instead, like olive oil. I think that if you go with animal-derived fats that it can be hard on your heart, so it's good to go with olives over fish.

I've never heard that CLO helps a person gain weight. However, I can suggest a healthy. Google the words "Food Pyramid." Use that guide to make sure that your meals and daily intake are adequate and balanced. In addition, increase your caloric intake in some of the healthier areas. If your intake is greater than the number of calories that you are burning daily, you should gain weight. This is a healthy way to gain weight. There are some nutritious foods that you can consume that will not have negative affects if you consume more than usual. One of our other posters suggested a tablespoon of peanut butter, which is high in calories, could be added to your diet each day. That's just an idea. Good luck and let us know how it's going.