I've been taking cod liver oil tablets for about a month now and recently I heard that they could cause an increase in appetite which could (obviously) lead to weight gain. Does anyone know if this is true or not because I'm not trying to gain any weight.

I have never heard of cod liver oil causing weight gain, nor could I find any information supporting this online.

My guess is this is a myth because cod liver oil contains fats. However, those fats are healthy. It does contain some saturated fat, but not enough to do a whole lot. I wouldn't worry.

First you need to know what cod liver oil contains. It is filled with vitamin A and vitamin D. Also it contains iodine and omega 3 acids. The thing is that all these supplements are good for you, and you don’t take it in high amounts. So any weight gain shouldn’t be from this. There are some studies that even show that cod liver oil helps with weight loss, or just helps you manage your current weight balance.
Why have you started using cod liver oil tablets? You can easily adjust your diet so you don’t have problems with weight gain. Have you considered doing some exercises just to help with extra weight that you gained recently?

All the best

Can Cod liver oil cause weight gain

In my experience cod liver oil does cause weight gain but everyone is different.