I cant get him to eat half the time and when he does he hardly touches his food.
This is also being rubbed off on his 3yr old sister, but she is gaining weight nicely (31 lbs).

What can i buy to help him gain weight and help his nutrition. His doctor said a hit fat/calorie diet with LOADS of real butter, but its hard when he just wont eat it.

His last three well baby visits he was at 20lbs, blood work came out normal. My Husband, his sister and mom are very small and dont gain weight to easy. So i know half his issues is from his daddies side.

So anyone please is there anything i can feed him or drinks i can give him to help him out. Its starting to really worry me now.

im a military spoise and the doctors here are less worried and seem to be careless for the civilans( spouses and family of the active duty soldier) since they see us the same as the soldiers who fake or complain alot. I cant go off post with out a refferal to see a reg. doctor. Where im at sucks.....

I dont need sugestions to see the doctor again cause i wont get no where since i dont see the same doctor ever each time i go there. I need advice from parents who have had/or haiving simular issues

When I was younger, I had a lot of trouble gaining weight. Does your son drink regularly? The best thing to do is trick him into gaining weight through liquids at the very least. I was given peanut butter milkshakes (oh my goodness there's a lot of calories in that), and whole milk, and lots of stuff like that. If you sprinkle in some Slim Fast powder, you can also make a pretty good nutritious shake out of it. Is there anything he will eat? The problem is that if you don't eat for a long time, it hurts your stomach to start. That's why liquids are a good way to go. What do you think?

I will gove that a try, ill end up making 2 types a high calorie one for him and a low for her. She gains weigtht nice but dont need her ending up like me when i was younger.

Thanks

I'm a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter still today. When I got sick last year, I did that and brought the pounds back on fast. A peanut butter shake, if made right, can contain up to 1,000 calories and most of your daily allotment of vitamins too. Does he like chewable vitamins? I think that would help you fill in the gaps if he's still not touching solid food. How is he doing?